Umbrella Polypore Mushroom Ready to Fruit Kit (1 kg- Block)
Buy Umbrella Polypore Mushroom Ready to Fruit Kit (Technical Guide Print will be attached)
Product Name: Umbrella Polypore Mushroom
Scientific Name: Polyporus umbellatus
Product Type: Freshly Prepared or spawned
Block weight: 1-1.3 Kg
Incubation & Temperature:
Expected Yield: 200-300 Gram
Polyporus umbellatus is a rare, edible species of mushroom, found growing on roots of old beeches or oak. It is also called lumpy bracket and umbrella polypore.
The fruit body is composed of numerous (sometimes several hundred) caps. They are 1–4 cm in diameter, deeply umbilicate, light brown, and form the extremities of a strong, many-branched stalk. The compound fungus can be up to 40 cm in diameter. The pores are narrow and white. The stalk is whitish-grey and originates from a strong, tuber-like nodule that is underground. The flesh is white, rather soft when young, although hardens with age.
Flavour and use
Over the past few decades, researchers have found this taxon to contain many bioactive compounds shown to be responsible for antitumor, anticancer, antioxidant, free radical scavenging, immune system enhancement, and antimicrobial activities. Due to its promising medicinal value, P. umbellatus is used as an ingredient in many medicinal products and food supplements.
Pleasant sweet odour when young, less so when decaying. The taste is initially sweet, ultimately becoming acrid when the fruitbody is fully grown and begins to decay.
Polyporus umbellatus is a saprophytic mushroom that grows on withered beech and maple trees roots. Its sclerotium, called Zhuling, is a crude drug commonly used for urological disorders in Chinese medicine because of its diuretic effect (i.e. promoting urination). A number of studies have shown that P. umbellatus has a variety of medicinal properties, which are summarized below.
- Anti-tumor effects: Polysaccharides extracted from the mycelial culture of P. umbellatus and administered intraperitoneally into white mice at a dosage of 300 mg/kg inhibited the growth of Sarcoma 180 and Ehrlich solid cancers by 70% and 80%, respectively.
- Diuretic effects: Zhuling was originally described in Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing as having diuretic action and was used mainly for edema and dysuria. Clinical studies have confirmed that Polyporus umbellatus is an effective diuretic, without side effects, for the treatment of pyelonephritis, nephritis and urologic calculi.
- Antioxidant and free-radical scavenging activity: In one study, it was demonstrated that Chuling in vitro protects red blood cells from 2,2-azo-bis(2-amidinopropane)dihydrochloride (AAPH)-induced hemolysis. The inhibitory effect was dose-dependent at concentrations of 50 to 1000 µg/ml. The main free-radical scavengers involved, the triterpene carboxylic acids isolated from the methanol extract, polyporusterone A and polyporusterone B, were found to have inhibitory activities against AAPH-induced lysis of red blood cells.
- Immune system enhancement: Polyporus umbellatus polysaccharides were found to improve the cellular immunity of normal mice and mice with liver lesions.
- Hair growth: P. umbellatus extract was shown to promote hair growth in mice, and 3,4-dihydroxybenzaldehyde was isolated as an active component (Inaoka et al., 1994). A later study isolated three hair regrowth substances, acetosyringe and polyporusterone A and B (Ishida et al., 1999). The latter two compounds have been isolated and characterized.
This kit contains
Mushroom spawn, sawdust substrate, Bag, Rubber bands, Cultivation Guide print.
How to use the mushroom kit?
1. Once you receive it keep it in a 20-250c environment.
2. After 4 days you may cut the bag and spray water.
3. Keep spraying water.
4. Pinheads will come out.
5. In two days you will get big fruits.
FSSAI, ISO QMS, ISO FSMS, GMP, HACCP
How to Store?
How to Store?
Please note shipping takes 5-7 days. It may take longer time depending on type of products.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
We offer more discounts who are our members. Register username and register your account with us. We assure confidentiality of all personal information received from customers.
Understand the product you order
Mushroom spawn, cultures and or any other live product might get damaged when it takes more time to reach the destination. Biobritte uses third party courier or parcel system. Thats why these agents may have different pattern of working. Normally if the parcel get delays in transport and get damaged we request you to share pictures of products to our whatsapp number 9923806933 or 9673510343 or email email@example.com . We shall respond in 48 hours to your case and will do the needful as per request of customer.
Ordered but Cancelled from Our Side
We might cancel our order if products are not in stock or backordered.
If we have cancelled your order from our side you will get refund in 24-48 hrs according to the payment gateway protocol.
Minimum handling day for orders is 24-48 hours. Our logistic partners are DTDC, Fedex only. If you observe any damaged product or damaged box or parcel. Report us within 4 hours. We refund or can replace items. All orders will be shipped with in 2-3 days.
Some products are need to be sent in different packaging such as gel ice or dry ice packaging. These charges will be extra if needed.
If parcel has shelf life more than 1 month that parcels only accepted for returns. Mushroom spawn, cultures can't be returned. It can be only returned if it has any damage or broken.
If product in package or parcel is damaged. Amount will be refunded or product can be replaced as per customer request. If refund is request the refund will be processed in at least 24-48 hours.
Processed orders for shipping will not be cancelled.
Please reach us at +91-9923806933 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes MycoNutra® Brand as top mushroom brand in world
MycoNutra® is top mushroom brand owned by Biobritte Agro Solutions Private Limited India. MycoNutra® products are 100% grown and processed in Biobritte mushroom facility. This gives us clear title of Manufacturing with science and knowledge.
Biobritte staff is fully trained to handle mushroom products with more hygiene and stricter international regulations such as FSSAI, ISO FSMS, ISO QMS, HACCP , GMP.