Morel Mushroom Cultivation Booklet
Buy Morel Mushroom Cultivation Booklet
Product Name: Morel Mushroom
Scientific Name: Morchella esculenta
Morchella, the true morels, is a genus of edible sac fungi closely related to anatomically simpler cup fungi in the order Pezizales. These distinctive fungi have a honeycomb appearance due to the network of ridges with pits composing their caps. Morels are prized by gourmet cooks, particularly in French cuisine.
Morels feature brown, spongy, honeycomb-patterned conical caps, and long, hollow, light color stem completely attached to the cap. There are several sub-species of Morchella mushrooms grown in the wild. Out of which black morels, brown and yellow morels typically forage in the forest.
Morels grow in fertile organic, moist, and sandy soil. Completely developed morel mushroom measures about 6 inches in height. In the subarctic coniferous forests, they typically foraged during the spring season in the woods wildfire areas burnt during the preceding summer. In the hardwood forests, they are found in abundance around the base of elm, ash, aspen, cottonwood, and oak trees.
Morel's health benefits were attributed mainly to polysaccharides as the active compounds, and to various phytochemicals, mainly phenolic compounds, tocopherols, ascorbic acid, and vitamin D.
The fresh morels are one of the most sought-after mushrooms, especially in French cuisine. Always eat morels cooked since eating raw morels could cause stomach upset. Being a field mushroom, morels gather sand and grit in their pits and needs cleaning. Soak them in cold salted water for a few minutes and strain and again rinse in cold normal water for a few seconds to remove the salty taste. Only those morels intended to use in cooking should be treated with this method. Morels retain their flavor even after dying. Dry morels should be reconstituted by soaking them in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Soaking swells them up, regaining their original conical shape. Dry mop using a paper towel. Slice lengthwise or quarterly as you may desire in cooking.
Here are some serving tips
- Morels can be stewed, braised, or cooked in main dishes meat like rice, poultry, game, and fish.
- Traditionally, morel mushrooms are enjoyed pan-fried in butter and garlic cloves, with the addition of some salt and pepper.
- Slices of morel can be added to soups.
- Fine sliced, diced morel can also be used as add ons in pizza, pasta, risotto, etc.
Nutritional Importance and Benefits
- Morels, fresh or dried, are low-calorie mushrooms. 100 grams carry about 31 calories. Nonetheless, they are endowed with superb levels of health benefiting antioxidants, essential minerals and vitamins.
- Morels carry the highest amount of vitamin D among the edible mushrooms. 206 IU or 34% daily required levels of vitamin-D in 100 grams of raw morels, mostly in the form of ergocalciferol (vit.D-2). This fat-soluble vitamin is labeled as "hormone" for its role in the bone growth, and calcium metabolism.
- Morels are unique among the wild edible mushrooms which recognised for their rich mineral content. 100 grams of raw morels carry 69%, 152%, 26%, and 18% of copper, iron, manganese, and zinc levels respectively.
- Copper is one of the essential trace element that functions as co-factor for many oxidative enzymes involved in cellular metabolism. It is also required for blood cell production (hemtopoiesis), and neurotransmission.
- 100 g of morel mushrooms carry 194 mg or 28% RDI of Phosphorus, and 43 mg of calcium. Adequate calcium, phosphorus and vitamin-D levels in the blood is critical for the growth and development of bones and teeth.
- Zinc is essential nutrient that plays a vital role in cellular metaboilsm, mucosal regeneration, immune function, and reproductive organ growth.
- Additionally, these mushrooms are an excellent source of the B-complex group of vitamins such as niacin (14% of RDA per 100 g), riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine). Altogether, these vitamins work as co-factors for enzymes during cellular substrate metabolism inside the human body.
Other Related Products
FSSAI, ISO QMS, ISO FSMS, GMP, HACCP
How to Store?
How to Store?
Please note shipping takes 5-7 days. It may take longer time depending on type of products.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
We offer more discounts who are our members. Register username and register your account with us. We assure confidentiality of all personal information received from customers.
Understand the product you order
Mushroom spawn, cultures and or any other live product might get damaged when it takes more time to reach the destination. Biobritte uses third party courier or parcel system. Thats why these agents may have different pattern of working. Normally if the parcel get delays in transport and get damaged we request you to share pictures of products to our whatsapp number 9923806933 or 9673510343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We shall respond in 48 hours to your case and will do the needful as per request of customer.
Ordered but Cancelled from Our Side
We might cancel our order if products are not in stock or backordered.
If we have cancelled your order from our side you will get refund in 24-48 hrs according to the payment gateway protocol.
Minimum handling day for orders is 24-48 hours. Our logistic partners are DTDC, Fedex only. If you observe any damaged product or damaged box or parcel. Report us within 4 hours. We refund or can replace items. All orders will be shipped with in 2-3 days.
Some products are need to be sent in different packaging such as gel ice or dry ice packaging. These charges will be extra if needed.
If parcel has shelf life more than 1 month that parcels only accepted for returns. Mushroom spawn, cultures can't be returned. It can be only returned if it has any damage or broken.
If product in package or parcel is damaged. Amount will be refunded or product can be replaced as per customer request. If refund is request the refund will be processed in at least 24-48 hours.
Processed orders for shipping will not be cancelled.
Please reach us at +91-9923806933 or email@example.com
What makes MycoNutra® Brand as top mushroom brand in world
MycoNutra® is top mushroom brand owned by Biobritte Agro Solutions Private Limited India. MycoNutra® products are 100% grown and processed in Biobritte mushroom facility. This gives us clear title of Manufacturing with science and knowledge.
Biobritte staff is fully trained to handle mushroom products with more hygiene and stricter international regulations such as FSSAI, ISO FSMS, ISO QMS, HACCP , GMP.