Blue Oyster Mushroom-Mother Spawn
Buy Blue Oyster Mushroom-Mother Spawn
Product Name: Blue Oyster Mushroom
Scientific Name: Pleurotus ostreatus
Pleurotus ostreatus, the blue oyster mushroom, is a lovely mushroom to watch grow and to eat. This mushroom’s name comes from the resemblance it has to bivalve mollusk found in the ocean.
Blue oysters can be cultivated on straw, wood, coffee grains, and a bunch of other cellulose-rich materials. These mushrooms will be a vibrant blue color when they are young and you will get large-fruited bodies. It is very forgiving and easy to grow to make it the ideal choice for a beginner. The fruits grow rapidly, sometimes doubling in size every day. The mushroom starts out strikingly blue and turns grey as it matures. These mushrooms are ideal candidates for outdoor growing as their fresh air requirements are the highest of any of the mushrooms we have grown.
The blue oyster mushroom grows in large clusters and takes on the typical shelf-like shape of the Pleurotus species. The size and shape can vary immensely depending on the growing conditions.
Blue Oyster mushrooms required an extremely high level of fresh air exchange, more so than any other mushroom commonly cultivated. Grown in a high CO2 environment, the Blue Oyster mushroom will have a long and thick stem with small caps. They also have a huge spore load, which can quickly fill your grow room with a thick spore load. The mushroom clusters start out with deep blue coloring and eventually turn grey as they age.
Flavour and use
- Like all mushrooms, oyster mushrooms act almost like sponges, soaking up any water they come into contact with. Don't leave them sitting in water, even for the sake of cleaning them. Cultivated oyster mushrooms usually don't need much cleaning—simply wipe off any bits here or there with a dry paper towel. A damp paper towel can be used on extra dirty mushrooms.
- Cleaned mushrooms can be sautéed, stir-fried, braised, roasted, fried, or grilled. Use the mushrooms whole, sliced, or simply torn into appropriately sized pieces.
- While you can eat oyster mushrooms raw and they can be quite pretty added to salads, they tend to have a slightly metallic flavor when uncooked. Cooking brings out their delicate flavor, turning their spongy texture into something uniquely velvety. We recommend using oyster mushrooms for cooked dishes and using button mushrooms for salads and other raw dishes.
- Dried oyster mushrooms don't need to be soaked to be rehydrated the way other dried mushrooms do—just add them to the dish, and they will soak up liquid right away.
Nutritional Importance and Benefits
- Oyster Mushrooms are one of the very low-calorie mushrooms. 100 grams of fresh fungus carries just 33 calories. Nonetheless, this flavorful fungus is loaded with natural bioactive compounds, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that promote health.
- Oyster mushroom contains an HMG-CoA reductase enzyme inhibitor substance called statin (lovastatin or Mevinolin-2.8% dry weight).
- They compose β-glucan which has anti-viral and anti-allergic properties.
- Certain protein polysaccharides in the oyster mushroom have been found to have anti-hyperglycemic, anti-soft tissue tumor, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, antihypertensive effects in the experimental animal studies.
- In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the oyster fungus is known to dispel cold wind, relax tendons and bones and strengthen yang. It is indicated to treat impotence, weakness of joints and limbs, and backache problems.
- Oyster mushrooms carry relatively high amounts of good quality protein than other cultivated mushrooms.
- Fresh mushroom is an excellent source of folic acid (38 μg 9.5% per 100 g).
- Further, they contain ample concentrations of another B-complex group of vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, etc.
- Minerals such as copper, iron, phosphorus are present in moderate levels in this mushroom.
- Oyster mushrooms are modest sources of vitamin-D (ergo-calciferol) at 29 μg per 100 g (7% of DA). Vitamin D plays a vital role in calcium and phosphate metabolism.
Other Related Products
FSSAI, ISO QMS, ISO FSMS, GMP, HACCP
How to Store?
How to Store?
Please note shipping takes 5-7 days. It may take longer time depending on type of products.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
We offer more discounts who are our members. Register username and register your account with us. We assure confidentiality of all personal information received from customers.
Understand the product you order
Mushroom spawn, cultures and or any other live product might get damaged when it takes more time to reach the destination. Biobritte uses third party courier or parcel system. Thats why these agents may have different pattern of working. Normally if the parcel get delays in transport and get damaged we request you to share pictures of products to our whatsapp number 9923806933 or 9673510343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We shall respond in 48 hours to your case and will do the needful as per request of customer.
Ordered but Cancelled from Our Side
We might cancel our order if products are not in stock or backordered.
If we have cancelled your order from our side you will get refund in 24-48 hrs according to the payment gateway protocol.
Minimum handling day for orders is 24-48 hours. Our logistic partners are DTDC, Fedex only. If you observe any damaged product or damaged box or parcel. Report us within 4 hours. We refund or can replace items. All orders will be shipped with in 2-3 days.
Some products are need to be sent in different packaging such as gel ice or dry ice packaging. These charges will be extra if needed.
If parcel has shelf life more than 1 month that parcels only accepted for returns. Mushroom spawn, cultures can't be returned. It can be only returned if it has any damage or broken.
If product in package or parcel is damaged. Amount will be refunded or product can be replaced as per customer request. If refund is request the refund will be processed in at least 24-48 hours.
Processed orders for shipping will not be cancelled.
Please reach us at +91-9923806933 or email@example.com
What makes MycoNutra® Brand as top mushroom brand in world
MycoNutra® is top mushroom brand owned by Biobritte Agro Solutions Private Limited India. MycoNutra® products are 100% grown and processed in Biobritte mushroom facility. This gives us clear title of Manufacturing with science and knowledge.
Biobritte staff is fully trained to handle mushroom products with more hygiene and stricter international regulations such as FSSAI, ISO FSMS, ISO QMS, HACCP , GMP.